Should my nonprofit prioritize hiring a company that specializes in working with nonprofits?
Absolutely. Choosing a video production company experienced in nonprofit storytelling ensures your unique mission and values are effectively communicated. Nonprofits have distinct needs and challenges, and a specialized team understands how to highlight your impact while resonating with your audience. This expertise maximizes the effectiveness of your videos, fostering deeper connections and driving meaningful engagement with your cause.
What sets Orange House Media apart from other video production companies?
At Orange House Media, our heartbeat is the nonprofit sector. With a profound understanding of your unique challenges and missions, we dedicate ourselves to telling your story in the most heartfelt way. Our authentic approach crafts purposeful videos that not only mirror your values but spark inspiration and action. We don't just create videos; we forge emotional connections to make a tangible difference. Choose us as your partner, and together, we'll amplify your voice, turning empathy into impact, and aspirations into real change.
What is the process for creating a video with Orange House Media?
The process of creating a video with Orange House Media is designed to be collaborative, transparent, and tailored to your nonprofit's unique needs. Here's a step-by-step overview:
- Initial Consultation: We start by discussing your nonprofit's goals, vision, and the key message you want to convey through the video. This consultation helps us gain a deep understanding of your organization and its mission.
- Proposal and Contract: Based on our discussion, we'll provide you with a detailed proposal that outlines the scope of the project, estimated timeline, and budget range. Upon your approval, we move forward to the contract signing phase. The contract ensures that both parties have a clear understanding of expectations and responsibilities.
- Concept Development: Our team collaborates closely with you to develop a creative concept for the video. We outline the storyline, visuals, and messaging to ensure alignment with your nonprofit's objectives.
- Pre-production: This phase involves planning and preparation. We finalize the script, create a shot list, and plan the production schedule. Once everything is set, we move on to filming.
- Filming: Our skilled production team captures the footage needed for the video. We ensure a smooth filming process while adhering to your vision and schedule.
- Post-production: This phase includes video editing, where we bring together the footage, graphics, and any additional elements to create a cohesive and impactful video.
- Draft and Feedback: We present you with an initial draft of the video, and you have the opportunity to provide feedback. We offer up to three rounds of revisions to ensure the video aligns with your vision.
- Finalization: Once revisions are complete, we finalize the video and prepare it for delivery.
- Delivery and Payment: Upon your approval of the final video, the remaining balance is due as per the agreed-upon payment terms. Once the payment is received, we deliver the video to you in the desired format.
Throughout the process, we maintain open communication to ensure your nonprofit's story is authentically portrayed and effectively resonates with your target audience. Our goal is to provide you with a high-quality video that drives meaningful impact for your mission.
How long does it take to produce a video with Orange House Media?
The duration of video production can vary based on the complexity of the project and the specific needs of your nonprofit. Typically, the process involves multiple phases, including concept development, pre-production, filming, post-production, and revisions.
For simpler projects, the timeline might range from a few weeks to a couple of months. More intricate productions, such as those involving extensive scripting, multiple locations, travel, or advanced visual effects, may require a longer time frame.
During our initial consultation, we'll discuss your project's details and objectives to provide you with a more accurate estimate of the production timeline. Rest assured, our team is dedicated to delivering a high-quality video within a time frame that aligns with your goals and priorities.
I like the idea of using video, but my team and I are shy and don't want to be on camera. Is that a problem?
Not at all. We understand that not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera. Our skilled team excels at capturing visuals that tell your story even without direct on-camera appearances. We'll work closely with you to explore creative options that convey your message authentically, ensuring your comfort throughout the process.
What types of organizations do you work with?
At Orange House Media, we are passionate about collaborating with a wide range of nonprofit organizations. Whether you are a charitable foundation, NGO, community-based group, or any other nonprofit entity, we are here to help you tell your unique story through captivating videos.
Where are you located?
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant city of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. While we are based in Winnipeg, our video production services extend to nonprofit organizations across Canada and the United States.
Does my organization own the raw video footage after the project is complete?
While you are investing in a finished product that aligns with your nonprofit's goals and values, we understand the importance of ownership. By default, we retain the rights to the raw footage to maintain the quality and integrity of our work. However, if you'd like to own the raw footage, we can facilitate that for an additional fee. Our priority is ensuring your satisfaction and helping your nonprofit succeed in every way possible.
Services and Offerings
What types of videos do you create for nonprofits?
Our video offerings for nonprofits are diverse and cater to various aspects of your organization's storytelling journey. We specialize in crafting mission and impact videos that vividly showcase your nonprofit's purpose and the lives you touch. Additionally, we excel at creating engaging event highlight videos that capture the energy and success of your fundraisers, conferences, and galas.
What if we're unsure about the concept or script for our video?
We understand that crafting the right concept can be a collaborative journey. Our experienced team will work closely with you to develop a compelling concept and script that effectively communicates your organization's mission and resonates with your audience. Your feedback and ideas are integral to the creative process.
Can you film our nonprofit events and fundraisers?
Absolutely! Our skilled team of videographers and editors is well-equipped to document your nonprofit events, galas, fundraisers, and conferences. We take pride in capturing the essence of these moments and creating impactful highlight videos that convey the passion and enthusiasm of your organization.
Do you offer scriptwriting and storyboarding services?
Yes, storytelling is at the core of what we do. Our team of talented scriptwriters and storytellers works closely with your organization to craft compelling narratives that highlight your nonprofit's journey and the lives it touches. Through careful storyboarding, we ensure that every element of your video aligns with your mission and message.
How does the feedback and revision process work with Orange House Media?
We value your input throughout the video production process and aim to ensure your complete satisfaction. After we present you with the initial draft of the video, you'll have the opportunity to provide feedback. We offer up to three rounds of revisions, allowing you to refine and perfect the video according to your vision.
During each round of revisions, you can provide specific feedback on elements such as visuals, pacing, and messaging. Our collaborative approach ensures that your nonprofit's story is authentically portrayed and resonates with your target audience. Our team will diligently incorporate your feedback, working together to create a video that effectively communicates your mission and leaves a lasting impact.
Rest assured, we are committed to delivering a final product that meets your expectations and aligns with your nonprofit's goals. The three rounds of revisions ensure that we achieve the desired outcome while maintaining a smooth production process.
Can you help with the distribution and promotion of our video?
Absolutely yes. We believe that creating an impactful video is just the first step. Ensuring that your video reaches the right audience and maximizes its potential impact is equally important. While we do not directly handle distribution and promotion, we offer valuable guidance and recommendations to help you effectively share and promote your video.
One strategy we highly recommend is utilizing paid social media advertising. Paid ads on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube can significantly enhance your video's reach and engagement. These targeted ads can help you connect with your intended audience and generate meaningful interactions.
We understand the nuances of digital advertising and would be more than happy to assist you in strategizing and implementing your paid social media ad campaigns. Our goal is to empower you with the tools and insights to achieve the widest possible reach and impact for your nonprofit's video.
Do you offer motion graphics and animated explainer video packages?
Yes, we provide specialized motion graphics packages that can elevate the visual appeal of your videos and effectively convey complex information in a visually captivating manner. Our motion graphics services encompass dynamic text animations, visual effects, and other creative elements that enhance the storytelling within your video content.
However, at this time, we do not offer animated explainer video packages. Our primary focus is on crafting compelling narratives and leveraging motion graphics to enhance the storytelling aspect of your videos, aligning with your nonprofit's mission. If you're interested in producing animated explainer videos, we're open to exploring how our motion graphics expertise can creatively address your needs. Our ultimate aim is to deliver videos that seamlessly communicate your nonprofit's message and drive significant impact.
Budget and Pricing
How much does it cost to create a nonprofit video?
We believe that each nonprofit's story is unique, and video production costs may vary depending on the scope and complexity of your project. Our pricing is competitive and tailored to meet the specific needs of your organization. We are committed to working within your budget while delivering high-quality videos that effectively communicate your message.
How should I approach budgeting for my nonprofit's video project?
Having a predefined budget is a proactive and advantageous strategy when planning your nonprofit's video project. Our team excels at tailoring solutions across various budget ranges, and a budget guideline aids us in comprehending your expectations and delivering optimal results within your financial scope.
During our initial consultation, we'll discuss your nonprofit's goals, vision, and the desired level of production. Sharing your budget range empowers us to craft a proposal that aligns with your resources, ensuring the project's success. Rest assured, our primary objective is to deliver high-quality video production that effectively communicates your nonprofit's mission and resonates with your audience, regardless of the budget size.
Can you provide a quote for our video project?
Certainly! We value transparency and openness in our partnerships. Reach out to us with the details of your project, and our team will be delighted to provide you with a customized quote that encompasses all aspects of your video production requirements.
Video production can be expensive. How can we justify the cost for our nonprofit?
We understand your concern. While video production is an investment, it's one that yields significant returns for your nonprofit. A well-crafted video not only engages your audience but also amplifies your mission's impact, leading to increased awareness and support. Think of it as an essential tool that drives your nonprofit's success and strengthens your ability to make a difference in the community you serve.
How do you structure pricing for video production services?
At Orange House Media, we take a collaborative approach to pricing that revolves around your nonprofit's specific needs and objectives. Instead of relying on traditional day rates, we embrace a project-based pricing model. This approach allows us to craft personalized video production packages that encompass every facet of your project, from initial concept to final delivery. By tailoring our pricing to your requirements, we ensure transparency and eliminate concerns about hourly charges. Our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive and cost-effective solution that is aligned with your mission and geared towards delivering impactful results for your organization.
What are the payment terms for working with Orange House Media?
Our payment terms are designed to be transparent and flexible. Upon project initiation, we require an upfront deposit of 25% of the total project cost. This secures our services and resources for your project. The remaining balance is due within a net 30 days upon project completion and delivery of the final video.
For larger and more complex projects, we may implement a progress payment structure. This means payments would be divided based on project milestones. We will work closely with you to determine these milestones and ensure they align with the project's progress.
Our goal is to accommodate your needs while delivering high-quality video production services that effectively convey your nonprofit's mission and impact. If you have any specific questions or concerns about payment terms, feel free to discuss them with our team during the project consultation phase.
Is a video production contract necessary when working with Orange House Media?
Absolutely. A video production contract is an essential component of our collaboration process. It outlines the scope of the project, payment terms, deliverables, timelines, and other important details. This contract serves as a mutual agreement that ensures both parties have a clear understanding of expectations and responsibilities.
By having a comprehensive contract in place, we aim to provide you with a transparent and structured experience throughout the video production journey. It safeguards your interests and guarantees the successful execution of your nonprofit's video project. Our team will work closely with you to draft and finalize the contract, ensuring that all terms are tailored to your specific needs and objectives.
Do you respond to Request for Quote (RFQs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs)?
We generally don't participate in RFQs or RFPs, we firmly believe that video is not a commodity. It’s a customized marketing asset tailored to each organization's unique needs. We are committed to creating storytelling videos that resonate with your nonprofit's mission and connect emotionally with your audience. Feel free to reach out to us to explore how we can craft a powerful visual narrative for your cause.
Do you offer any discounted rates for nonprofit organizations?
We understand the importance of supporting nonprofit organizations in their mission to create positive change in the world. We offer personalized solutions tailored to meet the specific needs and budgets of our nonprofit clients. If you're a nonprofit organization looking to create impactful storytelling videos, we encourage you to reach out to us!
Shoot Day Preperation
How can we prepare our team for the shoot day?
Preparing your team for the shoot day is essential to ensure a smooth and successful video production process. Here are some steps to help you get ready:
- Designate a Point Person: Assign a point person from your team who will be our main contact on the shoot day. This person will help coordinate logistics, answer any questions, and ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Share the Schedule: Communicate the shoot day schedule with your team well in advance. This includes the timing, locations, and any specific roles each team member will have during filming.
- Dress Code: Discuss the recommended dress code with your team. Choose attire that aligns with your nonprofit's brand and the message you want to convey on camera.
- Visual Aids and Props: If you plan to use visual aids, props, or any materials during filming, ensure they are ready and organized. This will save time on the shoot day and help the process run smoothly.
- Rehearse Key Messages: While we aim for natural responses, rehearsing key messages or points can help your team feel confident when addressing specific topics during filming.
- Tidy Shooting Areas: Make sure the shooting areas are tidy and free from any distractions. A clutter-free environment enhances the visual appeal of the video.
- Relax and Be Natural: Remind your team to relax and be themselves on camera. Encourage them to engage in a natural conversation rather than delivering scripted lines.
- Comfort and Refreshments: Provide a comfortable and welcoming environment on the shoot day. Have water and light refreshments available to keep everyone hydrated and energized.
- Encourage Collaboration: Emphasize the importance of teamwork and collaboration. Encourage open communication and support among team members to create a positive atmosphere.
- Trust the Process: Remind your team that our experienced professionals will guide them through the filming process. We'll provide direction, make them feel at ease, and ensure their genuine passion shines through.
By following these steps, your team will be well-prepared and confident on the shoot day, contributing to a successful and impactful video production experience.
What should we wear on the shoot day?
- Solid Colors Over Patterns: Solid colors generally work best on camera. Please avoid patterns, especially thin stripes, as they can create a moiré effect.
- Stay Away From Extreme Colors: Bright white or pitch black can impact camera exposure and contrast. Off-white or deeper shades are preferable.
- Choose Soft Colors: Pastels or muted colors are flattering and draw less attention away from the message.
- Logo & Branding: If you have branded attire with your organization's logo, consider bringing it. However, ensure it isn’t too bright or heavily patterned. Non-logo options are also encouraged.
- Comfort Matters: Choose attire you feel confident and comfortable in, especially for longer shoots.
- Strike a Balance: Depending on the message, dress might range from formal (like a collared shirt) to more casual. We'll discuss the tone of the video to guide you further.
- Minimize Jewelry Noise: Simple jewelry is best. Large or clinking pieces can interfere with sound.
- Shoes: For full body shots, appropriate footwear is essential. Avoid noisy heels for indoor shoots.
- Glasses: If you wear glasses, bring them. We'll ensure there's no glare or reflections during the shoot.
- Light Makeup Recommended: A touch of makeup can help even out skin tones and control shine. Avoid overly shiny or glittery products.
- Neat Hair: Hair should be tidy and away from the face, especially if there will be movement or wind.
- Pack Extra Options: Bring 2-3 attire choices. This gives us flexibility if something isn't camera-friendly or in case of unexpected mishaps.
- Backdrop Considerations: If we decide to use a backdrop, we'll advise you on colors that will contrast well and ensure you stand out.
- Focus on the Message: Your attire should amplify, not overshadow, the message. Think about the narrative you're sharing and choose attire that resonates with it.
Finally, remember we're here to guide you throughout the process. If you're unsure, bring a few options and we can make a final decision together on the day of the shoot.
Will you guide us during the interviews?
Absolutely, your comfort is our priority. Our experienced team will be there to provide guidance, direction, and support throughout the shoot day. We'll ensure you feel comfortable and confident on camera.
Will we receive a list of interview questions ahead of time?
We believe in thorough preparation. While we provide a general outline of topics we'll cover, we often encourage spontaneous and authentic responses during the interview. Our aim is to capture genuine emotions and stories that resonate with your nonprofit's mission. We'll guide you through the conversation to ensure your message comes across naturally and authentically.
We understand that the interview process can sometimes evoke a mix of excitement and nerves. Rest assured, our experienced team is here to create a comfortable and supportive environment. We'll offer helpful tips and techniques to help you relax and express yourself confidently. Our focus is on fostering a genuine and meaningful dialogue that showcases the heart of your nonprofit's work. Throughout the interview, we'll be attentive to your unique perspective, gently guiding the conversation to uncover the most compelling aspects of your mission. Our collaborative approach ensures that your passion and dedication shine through, creating a video that authentically captures the essence of your organization.
How should I answer interview questions during the video shoot?
Answer interview questions in complete sentences. For example, if asked, "What is your organization's primary mission?" reply with, "Our organization's primary mission is to provide education to underserved communities." This ensures context and clarity. Avoid using single words like "education," as the interview questions won't be in the final edit. Comprehensive answers give essential context, enhancing understanding of your nonprofit's mission.
How do I forget about the camera and stay relaxed?
Treat the camera as a friendly listener. Engage with the interviewer and the conversation, allowing your passion and expertise to shine through. By directing your attention to the dialogue, the camera becomes a secondary presence, helping you feel more at eas
Can we request specific shots or scenes for the video?
Absolutely, your input is invaluable. Feel free to let us know about any specific shots or scenes you'd like to include. We aim to collaborate closely with you to ensure your vision is captured.
Post-Delivery and Promotion
What can I do to ensure my video gets maximum exposure after delivery?
After receiving your final video, consider embedding it on your website, sharing it on social media platforms, and including it in email campaigns. Sharing the video across various channels can help increase its visibility and engagement.
How can I effectively use social media to promote my video?
Utilize your organization's social media accounts to share the video organically. Craft engaging captions, use relevant hashtags, and encourage your followers to share the video with their networks. Engage with comments and monitor the video's performance to make any necessary adjustments.
Should I invest in paid social media advertising to increase the visibility of my nonprofit video?
Yes, investing in paid social media advertising can be a highly effective strategy to ensure your nonprofit video reaches a larger and more targeted audience. Paid advertising allows you to amplify your message beyond your organic reach and connect with individuals who are genuinely interested in your cause.
By strategically targeting demographics, interests, and behaviors relevant to your nonprofit's mission, you can reach potential supporters, donors, and advocates who may not have come across your video otherwise. Paid social media advertising also offers valuable analytics and insights, enabling you to track the performance of your campaign and refine your approach for optimal results.
While organic sharing and engagement remain important, paid advertising provides an additional avenue to create meaningful impact and drive action. It's a valuable tool to complement your overall video promotion efforts, helping your nonprofit video gain the attention it deserves and making a significant contribution to your mission's success.
What are some best practices for optimizing video content on social media platforms?
To optimize your video for social media, ensure it's in a suitable format for each platform (e.g., square or vertical for Instagram). Craft attention-grabbing captions, use engaging thumbnails, and consider adding subtitles for viewers who watch videos without sound. Monitor analytics to understand viewer engagement and adjust your approach accordingly.
Are there specific strategies for using Facebook ads to promote my video?
Absolutely. Facebook ads can be a powerful tool for video promotion. Consider targeting your desired audience based on demographics, interests, and behaviors. Create compelling ad copy and use eye-catching visuals. Experiment with different ad formats, such as in-feed videos or video carousel ads, to see what resonates best with your audience.
How can I encourage viewers to take action after watching my video?
Include a clear call to action (CTA) at the end of your video, whether it's to visit your website, subscribe to your channel, or make a donation. You can also use interactive elements like polls or quizzes to engage viewers further.